T Street


Two noteworthy things happened yesterday, #1 being The Capt'n went to San Clemente.


<---Not this San Clemente,








but this one, in the O.C.--->

T Street, to be exact.
I wasn't sure at first. I should be excited about the new spots but instead I'm pretty leery due to the considerable choad factor as of late. I'd stopped by beautiful San Onofre first, wanting to finally try it, but not wanting to pay the $10 parking fee, for some stupid reason. I think it would have been a good day there, but I'll just have to postpone that joy till next time. The nice ranger at the parking booth told me about T Street, a little further to the north. He said it was his favorite place, and when I asked if there were any lefts there and he said yes, I was sold.
It looked big, clean and walled, and the water was that pretty light green.
Not horribly crowded. I told myself, just 3 waves, hang out to the side, let the choads pass, pick up some shoulders, nothing fancy. The paddle out was a little roughneck on my big winnebago since the swell had some power.
But dag it was so beautiful. Which did much to counter the fact that, to my dismay, there were ALL dudes, 99% on short boards, and only one was over 50 years old. I told myself to stay in my own happy, separatist place, and it worked. The two dolphins who were like 10 feet away from me plus the lack of any horrible teenagers also helped a lot to get me to the ambrosia.
I didn't used to sweat the choad so much. I hope this virus passes soon. Where is my old East Coast psychic armor when I need it? Anyhow, despite my new jaded outlook, I had a killer time out there. I ended up catching a ton of waves, and a few were pretty mad, I have to say. What's not to love about rocketing along the beautiful green wall that is taller than you?







The other noteworthy event was the beginning of Pesach at sunset.